A logo is the representative of your brand identity. Who are you? What’s your approach to customers? What are your ideals? A logo may answer all of these questions in one go and then some. Which is why brands plaster their logos across all their marketing materials, from business cards to brochures.
There are 5 reasons
1. Brand Identity: If a picture is worth a thousand words, why not hire a professional to design it. Logo design is the fundamental and the most crucial step of building your brand. Once it’s done, your marketing will pivot on this 100×50 pixel space. It is this tiny picture customers will identify you by anytime, anywhere. A professional logo design will ensure this forms a lasting impression on their minds.
2. Building trust: How do you feel when you look at an artistic, clever, well-drawn logo? If the logo design looks brilliant, we automatically link it to the capability of the company. If they could come up with a stylish logo, surely they spent good money on it. They must believe in delivering quality!Kickstart this kind of thought process and build your trust with the customer with systematic use of a professionally designed logo.
Meanwhile, if you were to design a shoddy logo to save a few bucks, it would look amateur and reflect poorly on your business. And customers will form the impression of a novice company trying to sell god-knows-what kind of product.
3. Logo Integrity: A professional logo designer doesn’t jump directly into the design. She/he gets a gist of your business, your competition, the design that stands for your ideals. Most importantly, they will ensure it’s unique and doesn’t look suspiciously like that of another brand.
4. Long-lasting Logo: Do it once, but do it right. A professional logo design is going to stick with you for a long time. Customers form an emotional bond with the logo design. Changing it after your business has gained popularity might just deter them from buying from you. They might not immediately associate the same trust with you.
5. Brand Connect: Your logo is a chance to relate to the customers. It could be through a competitive advantage that the logo design conveys. It could be something that speaks to the history of your brand like the Starbucks twin-tailed mermaid. Or something that shows the core ideology of the brand like Apple’s. With a professional logo design, such options will open up to you because of the designer’s experience in asking the right questions.
Logo design is a highly creative and yet important business. Make sure you understand the stakes before you take the plunge.